I've been busy the past couple of weeks upgrading our website. The improvements are:
- Blog. The chapter will be supplementing (and possibly replacing) the newsletter with updates on this blog.
- More update-to-date information. The site will be updated more frequently because it's now be easier to maintain it. This is thanks to the new service that we're using called Squarespace, which our own Davin Chew '01 works for - thanks for the recommendation Davin!
- A new email system. We've moved to Google Apps to manage email addresses and lists. Chapter officers and the House Corp president now have static email addresses which forward to the current officers. This mean you can always reach the Consul, regardless of who it is, at email@example.com, the Pro Consul at firstname.lastname@example.org, and so on. See the chapter page for a list of all officer email addresses; the House Corp president can be reached at email@example.com.
- Secure members area. Study guides, photos, chapter, and meeting minutes are now available behind a password-protected members area (the "Login" link at the upper right corner). You can contact me to get the alumni login information.
- A new look and feel. This looks better than the old site and now works with most modern browsers.
Some projects still in progress are:
- Lore archive. A private wiki where the Historian can record our lore.
- Brother database. A database of every Kappa Eta Sig that allows you to search by name, pledge class, year, hometown, and concentration.
- Capital campaign page. A more comprehensive capital campaign page that details current donation totals, class participation rates, and status of ongoing house repairs.
In Hoc Signo Vinces